Ways to Give
We at Levi Hospital are grateful to you for considering a gift to help us provide outstanding care for our patients.
Please review the following types of gifts so that you can choose which way you would like to contribute:
Types of Gifts
An outright gift may be composed of almost any asset of value:
- Cash gifts — the simplest and easiest gifts you can make — can be made through credit/debit card transactions, outright cash, or personal checks, cashier’s checks, or money orders made payable to Levi Hospital. Levi also has a wire account; please contact Christi Hughes, CFRE – Vice President for Development at 501-622-3498 about making a wire transfer to Levi.
- Gifts of appreciated securities, stocks, and bonds also provide considerable tax advantages when transferred to Levi Hospital before they are sold. If you have held your securities for more than one year, you may find that your gift will provide a twofold tax benefit, creating an income-tax deduction as well as helping avoid the capital-gains tax that would have been due on their sale.
If you wish to transfer stocks from a broker’s account:
- Levi Hospital has accounts with major brokerage firms. Have your broker call Christi Hughes at 622-3498 for further details and information.
- If stocks are to be delivered by DTC to Levi, contact Christi Hughes to have delivery instructions faxed or e-mailed to your broker or financial advisor.
If you wish to make a gift of physical securities on hand:
- Physical stock certificates may be sent by certified mail or overnight express, with endorsement on the back of the certificate(s) exactly as stated on the face of the certificate(s). Do not fill in any other blanks. No stock power is necessary as long as you do not fill in Levi Hospital’s name on the back.
You also may make a gift of mutual funds, non-marketable stock, or closely held stock. Contact Christi Hughes for information about giving these types of securities.
Levi Hospital’s address in connection with gifts of securities is:
300 Prospect Avenue
Hot Springs National Park, AR 71901
(501) 622-3498 or 622-3322
(501) 622-3408 (fax)
- Gifts of real estate — including personal residences, second homes, income property, and vacant land — offer a wide variety of tax and other benefits. Whereas most people give their entire interest away, it is also possible to give only a portion of the property (an undivided percentage interest) while retaining the rest for other purposes.
- Gifts of personal property — including rare books, works of art, valuable collectibles, and tangible items of demonstrable value — in some cases may enable you to make a significant gift to support Levi Hospital with outstanding tax benefits to you. Likewise, gifts of intangible personal property, such as copyrights, patents, and mineral rights, can generate income for the program of your choice on a continuing basis.
To learn about deferred or planned gifts, including bequests, life-income plans, and other options for your estate — and for information about increasing your income, earning valuable income-tax deductions, and reducing your estate taxes — please call Christi Hughes, CFRE at 501-622-3498 or e-mail at
Employee Matching Gifts
An easy way to double or even triple your donation to Levi Hospital is to find out if your company has a matching-gift program. Such programs typically match all or a percentage of employee contributions to charitable organizations, making the employer a partner in employees’ personal philanthropy. Simply obtain a matching-gift form from your employer’s personnel office, fill it out, and provide it to Levi Hospital with your contribution.
Levi Hospital welcomes your gift through a pledge — a formal statement of intention to make a gift to Levi Hospital. With a pledge, you may complete your gift by making regular payments over time, allowing you to give more generously than you originally may have considered. What is more, each payment on your pledge is eligible for an income-tax charitable deduction.